Saturday 27 December 2008

Peak District Caching

Decided that I needed to get out for a walk and do some caches so gave Stu (Logieb at GC.com) a call and we arranged a walk on and around the hills in the Peak District. We decided to meet at the car park at the bottom of Birchen Clough at 9am. 
An early start was on the cards so after one snooze on the phone it was time to get up to make some food and a flask up. Setting off at 8-am I made it to the meeting place in 35 mins as the road were quite. We set off from the cars just after 9am and head off following Stu's excellent map reading. I would tell you the route taken but I still have to purchase a map for the area. 
It was a difficult walk for me as i'm not the fittest of people. The route was a total of 12 miles on some of the hardest going paths I have walked. We manage to find 4 Traditional Caches and completed 1 Earth Cache (still waiting for confirmation from the owner) along the route returning back at the cars just as before night fall.



Caches found were:


No comments:

Post a Comment