Saturday 21 March 2009

WWW - Tacklers Trail and Roddlesworth Section

Thursday 19th March saw another assault on a section of the LEGEND caches that have been placed on the Wittion Weavers Way. I arranged to do these with a friend from work who I introduced to geocaching. So off set LogieB and myself for Crookfield Road Car Park and the start of our adventure. Starting at the nearest cache, WWW - I Can See Great Hill we then carried on in a anti clockwise direction around the trail. This meant we got the big climb to view of Winter Hill out of the way early on. The sun was shining making it a very pleasant day with no heed for a coat which only came out of the bag so that I could find my sandwiches. Lunch was eaten at Darwen Tower which great views over Darwen and Blackburn. The climb to the top gave even better views. After lunch we only managed 3 more caches before falling into the pub at the bottom of the hill in Sunnyhurst. After a refreshing pint of strongbow it was then onto the rest of the trail and also the Roddlesworth Section. A great days caching taking in 44 caches and 13 Miles. The route taken can be viewed at Wikiloc by clicking here.


No comments:

Post a Comment