Tuesday 28 December 2010

Egypt 2010 - Part 1

The journey started at 8.15pm on the Saturday (11th December) evening when the taxi arrived to take me to the coach station. Once there I had to wait an hour for my first coach of the night.
This would take me to Birmingham and a wait of 1 hour 20 minutes before the second coach left. This took me on a tour of Coventry and Heathrow Airport before arriving at Gatwick just after 5am Sunday morning. Within 50 minutes I had checked in, passed through security and made it to McDonald's for some breakfast and to sit and write this.

So after a good flight which took just 4 hours and 15 minutes due to a strong tail wind we landed I Sharm to be greeted my galeforce sinds and a sandstorm. After the journey through the airport, a coach trip to the port and more security checks there it was time to get on the boat, unpack have some dinner and get some sleep.



Day 1

The wind has now died down but we are having to wait for the harbour master to allow us to set sail. Finally we got the all clear at just before 12. We should get our first dive in by 3 o'clock.

Dive One

Beacon Rock and The Emperor Fraser

So this was the check dive and the first time a check dive has passed the 20 meter mark. The current was fast moving so it was follow the rope tied to the fraser's bow and have a little swim around. On returning to the line the current had picked up slightly so I decided that I was going bacl up the line instead of swimming up the reef and fighting against the current. After a 2 min stop at 8 meters and safety stop at 5 meters it was out of the water.


Dive Two

Night Dive at Beacon Rock

Not the most interesting night dive that I have done over the years but it was a dive. Two Jack Fish were out hunting for there supper and towards the end of the dive I spent time helping a lion fish hunt by shining my torch on the small fish.


No comments:

Post a Comment