Monday 23 February 2009

500 finds


Yesterday I was handed two TB's from the NorthWest Caching TB race and as I was approaching 500 finds I decided to combine the two for a reason to visit the Lake District. My last visit to the lakes was in July last year for a trip to Wastwater for a dive.
Yesterday while visiting Home After Dark, Emma (Scorpion Queen) handed me hers and Pop Up Pirates Racer TB's. I had done some caching that day and got to 499 so looked at where the two hadn't been and Waiting for the ferry was the one to visit. Leaving a dull Manchester behind the drive upto the cache was straight forward, approaching the Lake from the South on the A590 avoiding the main tourist route in. After driving along side the lake for some distance I pulled over to get the GPSr out of the back of the car and check where I was heading for, 2.3 mile still to go. After about 5 mins the signs for the ferry appeared and I pulled into the car park just up the road and found a parking space among all the boats that were being stored there.
It was a short walk from the car to GZ, just as I got to the little peninsula that is home to the cache the ferry was mooring up at the jetty but luckily it had a quick turn round and was on its way within five minutes. I sat on the bench near by while I signed the log and got the TB's I was dropping out of my pocket. As well as the two racer Bugs I dropped two other TB's I had. 
It was then back to the car for the short drive to Bowness and a Carvery Lunch at the Lakeview pub and then onto Ambleside for treat myself to some new boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment