Thursday 30 April 2009

Turning upside down

 
I have made a big change to my dive kit configuration over the last week. This as resulted in the fact that I was never any good at doing shutdowns in any grace but got there in the end. My last dive on the 5th April at Swanage Pier was the decision maker for me. While kitting up I pulled my shoulder which seems to be a reoccurring thing follow the car accident last year. The following days I spent looking on the internet for the best way to invert my twinset meaning that when diving the tanks are upside down so that reaching the valves is just a matter of reaching behind my backside instead of up and over behind my head.
I found a site that makes stands for twinsets, this bolts to the bands holding the two tanks together and then you can stand the set upside down with no problem of the valves and regulators getting damaged. A quick phone call to Mike at DiveKitUK and the order was placed. It took just over a week for it to be made and delivered and then it was fitted while I had a spare minute at work on night last week. 
The only other change I needed to make was to my low pressure inflator hoses. I decided that I would go with Miflex hoses as these route better due to them being more flexible. I needed to 1.5m hoses and this would of have to be a custom order putting the price around £60 each. I was then pointed in the direction of using regulator hoses with an adaptor on it to connect to the inflator on my wing and drysuit. This make it around 40% cheaper than custom lenght hoses.
All the pieces were put together today and will get tested in the North Sea on Saturday.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment