Sunday 3 May 2009

Welcome to Eyemouth, Scotland

After a day of getting stuff sorted out, making sure I have packed everything I'm going to need for the weekend it was time to head off. I picked my mate up without hassle but then had to pick Steve up from the dive shop.  This was to be stop, load the car and go. One hour later we were finally on our way and it was looking that we weren't going to arrive before 10:30pm. With the Tomtom taking us via Leeds ringroad to avoid traffic we arrived in the fishing town of Eyemouth just before 10pm. Leaving the dive kit in the car it was bags in room and out to the pub. The following day (Saturday) was and early start with breakfast at 7.30 and ropes of an hour later. This would be the first dive in my new kit configuration so I would find out if I had made the right decision. The first dive was a drift in a gully with a max depth of 12m gained. We were the first in and the last out with a dive lasting 53 minutes. The second dive was onto a pinnacle that started at around 4 meters with the sea bed around 14 meters.  This only lasted 20 minutes as I lost sight of my buddies and was getting cold mainly due to the water slowly leaking up my arm from my wrist seal. Sent the bag up and after completing the safety stop was the first back onto the boat. 

Now what can I say about the night life in this quite fishing village. Well what happens in Eyemouth stays in Eyemouth along with the A Pink Care Bear, Little Bo Peep, Cat Women and Red Riding Hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment