Wednesday 20 May 2009

Woodhead Wander

Yesterday the 19th May I headed to the Woodhead Pass to Meet up with Tony, Mongoose39uk to have a bash at the new caches by Mr Truffles. These were the Woodhead Wander Series and the Woodhead TPT Series. Both series having 8 caches in them, with the coordinates for the Master cache being split between two caches, one on each series.


I arrived slightly late due to the amount of traffic, this was due to the M62 being shut around J27. Once at the meeting point close to Woodhead TPT8 I picked Tony up and we drove to the other end of the trail to park near the tunnel entrance. The plan was to complete the wander series than the TPT series and use Tonys car to get back to the tunnel to pick my car up.
The rain was on and off for the first part of the day with the on setting being very heavy rain. Lucky for me I had put my waterproof pants on and boy was I glad. The going at first was rough until we reached the track along which the caches were placed and then it was easy going apart from the section between Woodhead Wander 4 and Woodhead Wander 3

After completing both series and checking where the Master Cache was it was decided to leave it for another day and head home to get dried out. Another good days caching.

No comments:

Post a Comment