Tuesday 2 November 2010

2000th geocache find

The time had come for the next milestone of 2000 cache finds. The Syllogiser and myself had decided to go for it together so planned a day out in Derbyshire. We headed to Froggett Edge and Johan's Journey.

After walking up onto the edge we needed one more cache for 1999 so on the way we managed to pick up Roman Lounger. This was off piste from the main path but was quickly found. Log signed and cache returned it was onwards to our milestone. We headed down the path that took us to the bottom of the cliff and on to GZ. With the search under I was under the cache but was unable to find a way to it. Don headed up to the top while I looked on the other side. I returned to where we had dropped our gear to the sounds on Don calling from the top. Before I could make my way up there he had descended down the hole in the rocks at the top and was making his to the cache. After some time I heard "got it"
Once the log was signed all that was left was to get The Syllogiser out of there without the help of the Mountain Rescue.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kevin,

    Aggrajag here - we met on your Kinder Scout event. I found your blog yesterday and have enjoyed reading it.

    I had great fun getting to this particular cache too but I'm afraid I wimped out on the second ledge down and simply did an 'assist' for Patrick (patdhill). I blogged it here but don't go into any detail http://aggracache.blogspot.com/2010/08/frogs-friends-and-frustration.html

    Have fun!

    PS. It's "Froggatt" Edge.

    ReplyDelete