Monday 15 November 2010

Hough Hill Triangulation Piller

TP4036 - Hough Hill can be found at Grid Reference: SJ 96843 97423 

Having dropped my car off for a MOT I decided to grab a couple of geocaches in the area and on the way there happened to be a trig point that I hadn't visited. I walked up through Gorse Hall before walking across some open ground and getting sight of the trig. Now all I had to do was find a way over to it. There was no path marked as going to it so after some time of wandering the local streets I got directions from a dog walker. I got onto a dirt track that serves a farm yard and stables and walked this until finding the footpath sign. This footpath doesn't pass the trig point but goes over the hill behind the cover reservoir that is next to it. 


After walking to the crest of the hill I left the path and headed to the trig keeping to the east fence of the reservoir. From the trig point you get great views over Tameside and on towards Manchester. I could even see the stream from the cooling towers at Fiddlers Ferry Power Station above the haze. From here it was a short trot down the hill, over a barb wire fence and on towards four geocaches to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment