Sunday 5 July 2009

Completing the Warper Trail


On the 19th June I headed back to the Entwistle area to try and complete the Warpers Trail for the Legend Series with the one cache on it that I had to find. Parking at Entwistle Train Station I headed up the road towards the top end of the Reservior with the dog in tow. On the way around I was able to stop and get E-Glade (GC1C6KM). I was unable to look for this cache last time I was in the area as two farmers were carrying out some work right next to GZ. This was a quick find and with the log book signed it was back onto the main task and Lowe Hill (GC1M5M9). After my DNF here last time I put it onto my watch list and after a number of finds on it I sent a message to one of the cachers who had found it and was sent a reply saying that the cache was around 20 meters from GZ. I did read the early logs on the cache and it does seem that at first it was right on the nose for the numbers but had somehow been moved for what ever reason. I started my search at around the 20 meter mark but came up empty handed. I continued to look for around 15 minutes and was just about to give up when I decided to have one last bash it it and on approaching the search area I spotted the cache hiding behind a stone. It was more like 20 feet from the original GZ so I took some numbers and added them to my log. That was the Warpers Trail completed now and I was a step closer to completing the whole series. I headed down the hill from here to visit Gruffty's Fairy Battery Earth Cache (GC1TKH0). You find yourself down by the clough looking across at Fairy Battery with great views. There was a group of climbers making the most on the dry weather. With a photo taken of my GPSr at the site and the answers for the cache it was time to head of. While in the area I decided to grab some of the Toby Treasure Trail caches. My last cache in the area that day Jess and Melly's Birthday Cache (GC14NVK). This was a nice colourfully ammobox hidden just of the path that follows the reservoir around.
Apart from getting the last cache on the Warpers Trail one of the highlights of the day was the sighting of a Roe Dear in the wood above the reservoir. What a sight.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment