Sunday 12 July 2009

Tegs Nose Caches.

Headed over to Macclesfield on the 30th June and a short walk around Tegs Nose Country Park. The first cache is right next to the car park, this is GC1T7RW-Park Up. I looked on the wrong side at GZ at first but once around the other side the hint became clear the the cache was found. On returning to the car after doing the other caches in the area there was a family who had set up a picnic right at GZ. It was then on to GC1T7T4-Macc View. This was a gentle walk uphill along a path running along side the road before heading off into the country. At GZ there is a great view of Macclesfield and I could see as far as Manchester with The Lovell Telescope in all its glory. The cache wasn't were I expected to find it from the hint but was soon found after a quick search.
After Macc View it was onto GC1T7T8-Cattle Grazing. Not to sure where I went wrong on this one but I ended up on the lower path so had to double back along another path before making my way uphill to the cache site. The cache gets its name from the fact that you need to cross a field that has cows grazing in it. Lucky for me they were spending the day on the other side of the field but I still kept one eye on them and the other on the low parts of the fence just in case. the caches was a quick find. There should off been a geocoin in it but it seems that someone had taken the coin but left the keyring with the mission on it in the cache and have not yet logged it. With the log signed and the cache back in its hide it was onwards to the next cache. GC53EC-'Nosing' About, was the next cache to be found. Not a sole around apart from a group of abseiler's on the other side of some trees making the most of the weather and the old quarry. The cache was a quick find thanks to the hint.This means that there was one cache int he area left and that was GC1T7TB-Reservoir View. On arriving at GZ the cache was found nice and easy due to it being on plain view. I took a seat on the nearby bench for a quiet moment but was then joined by a group of school children who were on a field trip to the area. After signing the log I explained to one of the teachers what I was doing so that I could replace the cache without one of the kids picking it up after I had gone.

The picture in above is of a crane that was used in the quarry.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment