Sunday 5 July 2009

Ghost Train at Slate Mountain

I know its been some time since my last blog, its been finding a spare moment to get around to updating it. Anyway I have got there now. Back in June I spent the weekend In Llanberis and one of the cache that was on my hit list was Ghost Train at Slate Mountain. (GC12RFV)

I first attempted this cache on the 1st June 2008 and after a hard slog up the old rail incline was only left with a Did Not Find. I put it on my watch list and planned to do it the next time I was in the area. So the time had come to have another bash at this cache but there was no way I was going up that incline again and decided to walk up the hill using the stepped path to the side of the hill that starts just outside the country park. This was alot easier going. On arriving at GZ my GPSr was taking me up and down the side of the old winding house for the incline and it was my muggle friend Roy that spotted the spoiler. After a quick search the cache was in hand and with a lot of joy knowing that this time the hill was conquered with a result. Knowing my luck someone will put
a cache out there further up the hill. After taking time to take some picture of the stunning views and have a look around Anglesey Barricks and the main reason of getting my breath back it was time to make the journey down to the bottom. This was to be via the rail incline the the challenge here is to stay on your feet on the way down.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment